Oh, last night's finale of Gilmore Girls was amazing. I did not expect to get emotional in the least, even though it was the series finale. About half-way through the episode though, after Lorelai cries over a sleeping Rory and they switch to the shot of Luke sewing up a diner full of tents and tarps, my eyes welled up and overflowed. Needless to say, I was pretty much gone for the rest of the episode- sobbing and smiling and laughing about how my sis was also crying on the other end of the phone line. I don't know how they thought this could have worked as just a season finale. It was so emotional and brought in almost everyone important to the show. Over the last half of the season, I'd noticed they were revisiting themes and events from the first season more and more. To me, it brought a nice sense of closing the circle. The end....that just hit the spot. Totally unexpected, yet completely fitting way to end a series that has been on the air for seven seasons. They completed their journey by bringing us full circle and launching both girls into their promising futures.Now my big question is, will I get this emotional about Supernatural's finale on Thursday? I didn't tear up at all about last weeks. Was that because I already knew what was going to happen because of the preview? I dunno. Let's just say, I can't wait to find out!

No comments:
Post a Comment